Develop cutting edge software used across the world by leading companies.
Develop high quality software which meets our business needs using current development processes such as Agile or Waterfall.
Key roles and responsibilites
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing quality code in a timely manner
- Identifying ways in which processes can be improved
- Recording activity on the Jira system
- Reviewing the work of other team members
- Collaborating across the business to achieve company goals
- Occasionally acting as a Product Owner, Scrum Master or any other position within an Agile development
- Deputising for the Software Team Lead as and when required.
Required skills and experience
To be eligible for this role, you must have experience in:
- Software development using GCC and C++ 11/14 at an application level
(4 years minimum)
- Working with and developing embedded systems on a Linux platform
- Writing reusable code in a modular structure within a shared
source tree environment
- Using QT and Boost
- Debian Linux, or Ubuntu other Linux embedded platforms
- Using and understanding the output of static code analysis tools
such as PCLint
- Unit, module and regression testing
- Working in an Agile environment, ideally within a Scrum
- Atlassian Jira or equivalent bug/issue tracking systems
- Documenting design processes
- Multithread systems.
Desirable (not essential):
The ideal candidate would also have experience in/knowledge of:
- System design for video applications (e.g. H.264, MJPEG)
- The development of sensor systems/products
- Working with and developing systems using communications protocols (Ethernet,RS485, RS232, TCP-IP, etc.)
- Developing software to Safety Integrity Level (SIL) 1 and 2
- The whole product lifecycle (concept generation, concept demonstration, development, production and in-service support)
- The Motor Industry Software Reliability Association (MISRA)
- Felxilint and SciTools Understand
- Various design approaches (00, Waterfall, Agile)
- Test-driven development
- Subversion configuration management tool.
Gateshead, with an element of travel (national and international).
Disclosed on application.