Forward facing camera
Minimal service disruption with high definition driver-eye view CCTV footage
Increase safety and operational reliability.
The footage taken by the digital eyeTrain ruggedised Forward facing camera
is used to investigate operational incidents, including:
- Signal Passed at Danger (SPADs)
- Suicides and other fatalities
- Near misses (workforce)
- Trespass, graffiti, stone throwing
- Vegetation surveys
- Trackside litter
- Equipment and materials left by the track
- Confirmation of track works
- Confirmation of the signal position that the driver has observed.
Stoppage time is minimised by immediately and securely playing footage
to on-board monitors, a connected laptop or transmitted to a central control centre
via eyebos or third party services, allowing swift decisions to be made.
The collected data can be accessed and reviewed by third parties such as the Transport Police, Network Rail, Her Majesty's Railway Inspectorate (HMRI) or other stakeholders.
- IP CCTV camera provides:
- High definition images in progressive scan 2048x1536 pixels (4:3 aspect) or 1920x1080 pixels (16:9 aspect)
- Good exposure in adverse lighting conditions
- Fast shutter speed to capture the detail at high speeds
- CDs and DVDs of CCTV footage can be burned on-board, minimising delays
- Ethernet connectivity and IP protocols ensure secure and reliable operation.
Support and accreditations
Over 20 years’ experience of surveillance solutions for rolling stock
You can rely on our highly skilled engineers to support you from the specification of your project, whether new build or retrofit, to the installation and lifetime support of our products (up to 30 years and beyond).
Our eyeTrain Forward facing camera solution complies with client approved development processes and:
- EN 50155
- EN 50121
- The British Transport Police guidelines
- EN 50132-7
- The Data Protection Act
- BS EN ISO 14001:2004 (EMS 534323)
- PAS 99:2012 (IMR 534323)
- The ‘Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme’ (RISQS)
(formerly Achilles Link-up)
- ISO 9001:2008 (FM21102).