We recognise the value of our employees
The Board recognises the valuable contribution that the Group’s employees make to its success.
We aim to provide a working environment that reflects this:
- We give our employees the opportunity to develop through training, creating an environment where employees can develop their careers
- We will create a team of people who have job satisfaction, motivation to succeed and high productivity
- We will give our people full responsibility and authority to succeed with the company and in return, we expect individuals to put that responsibility to full use through a 'can do' attitude
- We expect people to push at the boundaries of current working practices and will reject any culture that apportions blame for honest mistakes or genuinely trying to improve any aspect of the company
- We will recognise success
- We will break down all barriers to make working with us as simple and transparent as possible
- We will communicate openly and transparently to create a culture of mutual respect trust and honesty.
The Group has 125 employees based across multiple sites in the United Kingdom.
Training and development
Petards values its employees and will therefore provide opportunities, facilities and assistance for employees to acquire the knowledge, skills and experience necessary for them to carry out their roles to the highest possible standard and to achieve their personal and career goals within the Group.
Opportunities include work experience, short duration and sandwich course placements for students, in-house training, day release, part day release and funding for external courses, National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs), evening classes, correspondence/Open University courses, short courses and conferences.
The Group also offers a range of apprenticeship programmes, which have led to the permanent employment of participants within the organisation.